Build Your Own Quesadillas
Makes 1 individual quesadilla
- 1, 12-inch flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese (optional)
- Cooking spray
Plus your choice of following:
- 2 tablespoons of fresh spinach leaves, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded Rotisserie chicken
- 1-2 tablespoons black beans, rinsed and drained
Sprinkle mozzarella and goat cheese, if using, across half of the tortilla.
Place choice of spinach, chicken, and/or black beans over the cheese.
Transfer tortilla to a frying pan lightly greased with cooking spray, and cook until cheese melts and bubbles, about 3-5 minutes.
Fold half of the tortilla over itself.
Remove tortilla from pan, cool slightly, and cut into wedges.
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and diced (about 1½ cups)
- ½ medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Chill for several hours.
*Also good with diced red bell pepper, jicama or cucumber.
Makes about 2 cups
- 4 Hass Avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large Roma tomato, seeds and pulp removed, then diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ⅛ – ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Partially mash avocados with a fork on a plate or cutting board.
Transfer to a mixing bowl.
Pour lime juice over top and season with salt and pepper.
Add onions to avocado mixture, along with diced tomato, garlic, cilantro and cayenne pepper; stir.
Recipes courtesy of Angela Martindale, Meals that Transform