Spinach Basil Pesto
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Blend the spinach, basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a food processor until nearly smooth.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil into the mixture while processing until smooth.
Fun Facts about Basil
- BASIL is part of the mint family.
- BASIL is rich source of vitamins A, B6, C and K and minerals such as iron, manganese and magnesium.
- BASIL can grow 12 to 51 inches in height.
- BASIL is an herb that is used mostly to cook with.