Watermelon Arugula Salad (PCSD)
- 6 cups baby arugula, washed and spun dry
- 1/8th watermelon, rind removed, and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 12 ounces feta cheese, ½-inch diced
- 1 cup whole fresh mint leaves, julienned
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- ¼ cup minced shallots (1 large)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together the lemon juice, shallots, honey, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking constantly, to form an emulsion.
- Place the arugula, watermelon, feta, and mint in a large bowl. Drizzle with enough vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly and toss well. Taste for seasonings (salt and pepper) and serve immediately.