Strawberry Chicken Salad
By Trailside Elementary School Kitchen Manager, Amber Lucking
Makes 1 Salad
- 3 oz diced chicken
- 2 cups romaine/spinach mix
- 1/2 of a cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 oz dried cranberries, optional
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Directions for Dressing:
- Toss together strawberries, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Transfer the strawberry mixture to a blender and process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Start blender on low setting and gradually add olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Return mixture to bowl and whisk in poppy seeds.
- Put all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl, add dressing and toss together.