Pad Thai, adjusted by Nicole Tittensor
Nutrional Content for recipe: 550 calories per serving Fats 9g (15%) Carbs 80g (58%) Protein 37g (27%)
- 1 Tbsp Tamarind Paste
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1-2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1-2 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Ground White Pepper
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- Chill Sauce in fridge while cooking veggies and protein.
- Rice or Udon Noodles steamed slowly in water.
- Steam: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots, Cabbage and Sugar Snap Peas. ( or whatever veggies you love, just a lot of them!)
- Add Lean Protein: We used filet mignon from the Grub Steak Park City (thanks Grub Steak!)
- After steaming the veggies, sauté in pan with Avocado Oil add in protein, then noodles and sauce. Lower to a simmer for 3-4 minutes. Add a touch more peanut butter and sweet chili sauce to taste. Simmer another few minutes. Dish up and top with crushed peanuts.
Athlete’s daily intake outline: 60-65% carbohydrates 15-20% fats 15-20% protein
*Determining protein intake can depend on your goals. To maintain the muscle you have you should intake aproximately 1/2 your weight in grams of protein. If you’d like to build muscle add from there.
*Carbohydrate intake should be 300-400g. Veggies, fruits, rice, quinoa, grains, oats, and legumes are all good carbs.
*Fat intake should be around 67-100g Avocado’s, nuts, cooking oils, and some fish all contain good fats c