EATS is dedicated to empowering and growing healthy communities with fun, food, and nutrition advocacy.
The EATS Vision
A significantly healthier generation.
What are EATS' values and guiding principles?
EATS believes in:
- Collaboration: A collaborative effort within our Park City community is essential to attain a holistic approach toward healthier children and their families.
- Transparency: Knowledge and understanding about food, where it comes from, and nutrition are essential life skills and should be instilled throughout our community and accessible to all children and their families.
- Environmental Responsibility: Minimizing food waste, both in our school food program and community, are essential in reducing climate change's impact and improving our sustainability efforts we strive to teach our children and learn ourselves.
- Healthy Ingredients: Food served in our schools and our community should be based on healthy* ingredients that are nutrient-rich, minimally processed, and whole in nature, and are cooked on-site while using local and seasonal products as appropriate.
- Wellness: Wellness should guide our behavior and rules as they relate to food as rewards, celebrations, fundraisers and other special events. Taste and explore a variety of healthy* and nutritious foods, with the goal of broadening palates rather than immediate acceptance.
- Be Open: Learning how to grow, harvest and prepare food contributes to healthy eating habits for both children and adults. An “edible education” significantly increases a willingness to try and accept new foods.
*Healthy is defined as: Minimally processed, single-ingredients with an emphasis on fresh, whole, quality plant foods, meats/proteins, natural fats and whole grains. When possible, foods should be grown and prepared without artificial substances or processes, and organic and locally sourced.