EATS is dedicated to ensuring every student has opportunities to develop lifelong healthy habits and access to fresh, nutritious appealing food.
The EATS Vision
A significantly healthier generation.
What are EATS' values and guiding principles?
EATS believes in:
- Collaboration: A collaborative effort within our Park City community is essential to attain a holistic approach toward healthier children and their families.
- Transparency: Knowledge and understanding about food, where it comes from, and nutrition are essential life skills and should be instilled throughout our community and accessible to all children and their families.
- Environmental Responsibility: Minimizing food waste, both in our school food program and community, is essential in climate change and sustainability efforts we strive to teach our children and learn ourselves.
- Healthy Ingredients: Food served in our schools and our community should be based on healthy* ingredients that are nutrient-rich, minimally processed, and whole in nature, and are cooked on-site while using local and seasonal products as appropriate.
- Wellness: Wellness should guide our behavior and rules as they relate to food as rewards, celebrations, fundraisers and other special events. Taste and explore a variety of healthy* and nutritious foods, with the goal of broadening palates rather than immediate acceptance.
- Be Open: Learning how to grow, harvest and prepare food contributes to healthy eating habits for both children and adults. An “edible education” significantly increases a willingness to try and accept new foods.
*Healthy is defined as: Minimally processed, single-ingredients with an emphasis on fresh, whole, quality plant foods, meats/proteins, natural fats and whole grains. When possible, foods should be grown and prepared without artificial substances or processes, and organic and locally sourced.