- This event has passed.
EATS Family Dinner
September 10, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Concepted by EATS
In partnership with local restaurant collaborators Hearth and Hill, High West, and Savoury Kitchen.
“Lettuce put dinner on your plate!”
Out of necessity, we have found ourselves spending more time together as families, naturally deepening our family bonds. The benefits of eating a meal together are abundant; however, food insecurity is a reality for many families living in our very own community. Eating a meal together is a luxury many of us don’t consider.
EATS Family Dinners has been crafted to help raise much-needed funds to provide healthy food options for those in need, and essential nutrition education to keep all of our valued community members healthy.
Here’s how it works:
- On Thursday, September 10, invite your friends and family to eat a meal together by purchasing a “ticket” for dinner from one of our restaurant collaborators.
- That restaurant will prepare a handcrafted meal specially created for EATS Family Dinners.
- Live-streamed entertainment will be provided.
- Top off your gathering with an exciting opportunity drawing (known more widely as a raffle) with prizes from Westgate Resorts and Blue Sky.
- Together with our restaurant collaborators, EATS will arrange a convenient pick-up time so that you may enjoy your meal at home or where ever you choose to gather.
In addition, why not encourage your guests to make a donation to one of EATS edible education programs: gardens that provide a bounty for children; cooking classes for all ages to create healthy habits and expand palates; and our food security program to put meals in hungry bellies.
- September 10, 2020
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Featured Events
- Event Tags:
- family meals, food insecurity, healthy eating