All-Purpose Pie Dough
Recipe by Sophia Davila, Professional Pastry Chef
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (150 grams)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 8 Tbsp salted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (113 grams)
- 1/4 cup ice water, or more as needed (56 grams)
- Place flour and sugar in a bowl then add the butter, tossing the cubes in flour to coat.
Rub the butter until it is about the size of walnut halves (for a flaky crust) or the size of peas (for a mealy crust).
- Make a well in the center and add the water a few tablespoons at a time. Mix just until the dough comes together.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and chill well before rolling, forming, and baking.
- Blind bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes before filling.