Deer Valley Chili Con Carne
- 2 pounds beef, ground
- 10 oz chorizo
- 2 each 15 oz cans red beans
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 each 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 each 15 oz can tomato puree
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 Tsp pepper, ground black, to taste
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- Cook ground beef with one bag of diced onions until the meat is cooked.
- Drain grease from the kettle into a small pan for grease barrel. Have ready cooked the red beans.
- Add the garlic, celery, peppers and remaining onions.
- Saute in the kettle for 15 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato puree along with the spice packet.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the water and stir in the beans.
- Cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add the red wine vinegar.
- Stir well and serve.
Suggestions on serving: add cheese, sour cream, onions and hot sauce..