Mushroom Herbed Au Jus
Recipe provided by Harmons. Gluten free, vegan.
- 1 ounce dried Portobello mushrooms soaked in 1 ½ cups hot water
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Soak dried Portobello mushrooms in hot water for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in the bottom of a sauce pan.
- After the dried mushrooms have softened, use a slotted spoon to strain them from the soaking liquid, reserve the soaking liquid.
- Add the mushrooms to the sauce pan, along with the sliced cremini mushrooms, and sauté until brown.
- Add tamari and wine to pan, and bring to a simmer. Add reserved soaking liquid if the mixture needs to be thinned out a bit, and simmer for 10-15 more minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and serve.