Watermelon, Cucumber, and Jicama Salad
Makes 6 servings
- 4 cups cubed (1/2 inch) seeded watermelon (from a 3-lb piece, rind discarded)
- 2 cups cubed (1/2 inch) peeled jicama (1 lb)
- 2 cups cubed (1/2 inch) peeled and seeded cucumber (1 1/2 lb)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Toss together all ingredients in a serving bowl. Serve immediately.
Notes: Watermelon and vegetables can be cubed and combined 6 hours ahead and chilled, covered. Add lime juice, herbs, and salt just before serving. Herbs can be chopped and combined 6 hours ahead and chilled, covered.
Courtesy of Epicurious.com (Gourmet | July 2004)