Deer Valley Chicken Enchiladas
Makes 8 Enchiladas
- 1.5 pounds of pulled chicken meat
- 2/3 cup of red onions, diced small
- 2 tbsp OOMPH (Can be purchased at Deer Valley Resort or Super Market)
- 3 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 nine-inch corn tortillas
- monterey jack cheese, grated
- red enchilada sauce (see recipe below)
Deer Valley Red Enchilada Sauce Recipe
- 5 oz butter
- 3.5 tbsp of puréed garlic
- 1/2 cup of OOMPH (Can be purchased at Deer Valley Resort or Super Market)
- 3.5 tbsp of Californian chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp bay leaves
- 4 oz tomato juice
- 4 oz V-8 vegetable juice
- Melt the butter.
- Sauté the garlic for 2 minutes. Add the OOMPH, chilli powder and bay leaves.
- Sauté for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the juices, simmer for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Chill the sauce.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl mix all ingredients together except the cheese and the enchilada sauce.
- Roll about 1/2 cup (or no more than 1 cup) of the mix into each 8″ or 9″ corn tortilla.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the foil, smother with the red enchilada sauce and sprinkle top with monterey jack cheese. Return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a nice green salad and black beans.