Mushroom and Corn Quesadilla
- Masa Harina, 1 cup
- Warm water, 1⁄2 cup plus 2T
- Salt, pinch
- Button mushroom, sliced
- Onion, 1⁄2 of 1
- Garlic, 1 clove
- Jalapeno, 1 (to taste)
- Tomato, 1⁄2 tomato grated
- Queso Fresco, 1 pc, grated
Making the dough
- In medium bowl, mix together masa, salt and water.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix together until dough starts to form a ball.
- Pinch off into about one in size balls.
- Heat small amount of oil in pan, sauté onion and jalapeno until onions are clear.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook over medium heat until mushrooms begin to leach out their liquid.
- Add grated tomato and continue to cook until the water has cooked out and mixture begins to thicken.
- In medium bowl, combine mushroom mix and cheese.
- Flatten balls between two pieces of wax paper or with tortilla press into about 2 1⁄2 in circle. Place small amount in middle and seal using a small amount of water. Pinching close all edges.
- Heat a small amount of oil in sauté pan and fry until golden brown.
- Using a spoon with holes, carefully remove from oil to a napkin lined plate to cool.