Vegetable Stir Fry
Vegetable Stir Fry
- Olive or coconut oil
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 medium red onion, root and tip ends removed and cut into ¼-inch thick wedges
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into very thin rounds
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 medium-sized broccoli head cut in florets, and cut stems
- 1 zucchini, cut in half then in strips (unpeeled)
- 1/2 package pea pods, ends trimmed
- 1 small can water chestnuts
- 1 large hand-full spinach
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Set aside until needed during stir frying.
- Press or mince 1 large clove garlic.
- Remove the ends of the onion, peel and cut into ¼-inch thick wedges. NO SMALLER.
- Peeled and cut the carrot into very THIN rounds.
- Dice the red pepper, removing the stem and seeds.
- Cut broccoli heads cut into florets; cut stems.
- Cut the zucchini in half; then into strips (unpeeled).
- Trim the ends off the pea pods.
- Open the can of water chestnuts; discard the water.
- Remove 1 LARGE hand-full of spinach from bag.
- Warm the oil in the wok or skillet over medium heat until shimmering OR until a piece of onion dropped in the wok sizzles but doesn’t burn.
- Add the onion and carrots. Raise the heat to medium-high and cook, stirring every 30 seconds or so, until the onions have softened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, red peppers and zucchini and cook, stirring every 30 seconds, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the pea pods, baby corn and water chestnuts.
- Pour in the prepared sauce and cook, while stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Add the spinach and let wilt.
- Serve over rice.
Prepare Sauce - 5 minutes
Prepare Vegetables for Stir Frying - 10-15 minutes
Put the following into small bowls ready to stir fry:
Cook the Stir Fry - 7 minutes
Note: Stir frying should take only 7 - 10 minutes.