EATS is dedicated to ensuring every student has opportunities to develop lifelong healthy habits and access to fresh, nutritious appealing food.
The EATS Vision
A significantly healthier generation.
EATS Core Values
- Food served in our schools should be based on healthy* ingredients that are nutrient rich, minimally processed, and whole in nature, and are cooked on-site while using local and seasonal products as appropriate.
- A collaborative effort between PCSD and the Park City community is essential to attain a holistic approach toward healthier kids.
- The PCSD’s Wellness Policy should guide our schools’ behavior and rules as they relate to food as rewards, celebrations, fundraisers and other special events.
- Overwhelming scientific evidence suggests that children’s academic excellence, physical performance and emotional stability are directly linked to what they eat and drink each day.
- Schools should be a safe haven for all children, including their exposure to food in respect to allergies, eating habits and general health.
- Knowledge about food and nutrition are essential life skills and should be instilled throughout the educational process.
- Learning how to grow, harvest and prepare food contributes to healthy eating habits. An “edible education” significantly increases a willingness to try and accept new foods.
- Students in our community should be able to taste and explore a variety of healthy* and nutritious foods, with the goal of broadening palates rather than immediate acceptance.
- Minimizes waste in our school food program will reduce costs, teach our students environmental responsibility and is the right things to do.
*Healthy is defined as: Minimally processed, single-ingredients with an emphasis on fresh, whole, quality plant foods, meats/proteins, natural fats and whole grains. When possible, foods should be grown and prepared without artificial substances or processes, and organic and locally sourced.