Advocacy initiatives focus on forming partnerships and acquiring resources to promote and support local farming, generate improved access to markets, and educate youth. Partners include state and local organizations that can assist EATS with increasing its community presence and becoming a voice for its communal needs and underrepresented citizens.
2022 Utah General Legislative Session
Increasing Access and Removing Barriers via Collaboration
Farm to Fork Taskforce (statewide)
EATS is an active partner in the statewide Farm to Fork Taskforce. We support the Farm to Fork Taskforce’s community goals, and actively work to help achieve those goals. They include:
- Support the Nationwide Farm to School Movement.
- Increase community access to healthy, local foods as well as educational opportunities such as school gardens, cooking lessons, and farm field trips.
- Enrich the connection communities have with fresh, healthy food and local food producers by changing food purchasing and education practices at schools and preschools.
- Empower children and their families to make informed food choices while strengthening the local economy and contributing to vibrant communities.
Harvest of the Season Taskforce (statewide)
EATS is an active partner in the statewide Harvest of the Season Taskforce. We support the Harvest of the Season’s community goals, and actively work to help achieve those goals. They include:
- Encourage in-season and local produce to be part of school lunch menus.
- Provide educational resources for classrooms, gardens, and kitchens that showcase seasonal Utah-grown foods
- Increase children’s exposure to and consumption of seasonal Utah-grown foods, along with their knowledge of Utah agriculture.
Early Childhood Alliance (Summit County)
EATS is an active partner in the Early Childhood Alliance, currently serving Summit County. We support the Alliances community goals, and actively work to help achieve those goals. They include:
- Support Early Childhood Alliance partners with resources from recipes to curriculum to snacks.
- Provide both best practices for dietary guidelines and resources for providers.