Homemade Pancakes with Deer Valley Banana Butterf
Homemade pancakes are so easy to make and I’ll bet you already have everything you need to make them! This is a great beginner recipe for kids as they can do just about everything by themselves. The Deer Valley Banana Butter is such a yummy addition. The butter is adaptable- try swapping out the banana for berries or peaches and add a bit of cinnamon or orange zest. Breakfast for dinner, anyone?
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Pound Butter, Room Temperature
- 1-2 Very Ripe Bananas
- Pinch of Salt
- Make Deer Valley Banana Butter by placing banana and butter in a food processor. Blend until emulsified. Add a pinch of salt. (You could also blend butter and banana in a medium bowl with a fork or hand mixer.)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and top with Banana Butter.