Banana Almond Pancakes
by Shannon Doleac, MS
- 5 Ripe Bananas
- 4 Heaping Tbsp Almond Butter (about 3/4 cup) or Sunbutter
- 5 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pure Vanilla
- Coconut oil (or butter)
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl with a potato masher (or fork).
- Mix in almond butter with a fork until well combined.
- Add eggs and mix until well combined.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and to form a batter consistency.
- Heat a griddle or large pan over medium heat.
- Coat with coconut oil (or butter) and pour batter into roughly 3-inch diameter pancakes.
- Allow to set. Once bubbles form (about 3 minutes), use a spatula to carefully flip. Cook on other side for another few minutes (until cooked through) and enjoy.
Once comfortable with this basic recipe, experiment with your favorite flavors. Add a couple scoops of pureed pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, or wild blueberries. Keep extras in the fridge or freezer for easy to grab pre- or post-workout fuel.