Chef Allen’s Breakfast Burrito
Contributed by Allen Tran, USSA Performance Chef
10 Whole-wheat tortillas
1 dozen eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon canola oil
0.5 cup Monterrey Jack, cheddar, or “taco blend” shredded cheese
1 package (12-16 oz) frozen spinach, thawed in the microwave and drained of excess water
1 jar (16 oz) of salsa
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
- Preheat large non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Scramble the eggs in the hot pan until preferred doneness. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Lay tortillas out on a clean table or counter in an assembly line.
- Place about a 1/2 cup of eggs in each tortilla, slightly off-center (to allow room for the tortilla to be rolled) and add toppings as desired.
- Roll tortillas into wraps. Serve immediately or freeze for later (see tip below)
Saving for later:
These wraps can wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen individually. You can make a big batch and have it ready to reheat in the morning in the microwave (reheat for 1-2 min on high)