- 8 oz of fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- Clean a jar well before using.
- Cut ginger into chunks, place in a jar, and sprinkle with the salt. Let sit for 20 - 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, stir together rice vinegar and sugar until the sugar has dissolved and has come to a boil.
- Pour this mixture into the jar with the ginger. Let cool.
- Then place it in the fridge for at least 1 week. It will start to turn a light pink color! This is a natural reaction of rice vinegar.
- Slice into paper thin pieces to serve.