- Enough fresh vegetables to fill a mason jar (you can use radishes, jalapenos, beets, carrots, garlic, green beans, or red onions).
- 2 cups of apple cider vinegar
- 4 - 6 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- A pinch of fresh herbs, such as dill or rosemary
- Be sure your jars are clean and sterilized by pouring boiling water over them.
- With clean hands, cut all the vegetables into matchsticks. Pack them into the mason jar with desired spices.
- Create the pickling mixture by adding 2 cups of vinegar, 2 cups of water, and 4 - 6 tbsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of salt to a pot. Bring to a simmer. Put the fan on so your home doesn't smell like vinegar!
- Carefully pour mixture into the jars (using a funnel is ideal if you have one).
- Store them in a cabinet for 2 days. They are ready to eat after 8 hours but they are better after 2 days.
- After a few days, put the jar in the refrigerator to slow the fermentation process and continue to eat. They last for a month or two.