Pumpkin Pie Filling
Recipe by Sophia Davila, Professional Pastry Chef
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Zest from 1/2 an orange
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) of pumpkin puree
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) of evaporated milk
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar and spice mix.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.