Spicy Noodle Salad
Spicy Noodle Salad (PCSD)
- 1 lbs whole grain Udon noodles
- 12 oz podded fresh fava beans or edamame
- 11 oz podded fresh peas
- 5 tbsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 8 spring onions, thinly sliced (make sure you use some of the nice green tops too)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tbsp Rice wine vinegar (substitute with white wine vinegar if needed)
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 cup grapeseed or canola oil
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add the noodles and cook for 10 minutes, then strain and rinse under cold water until cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a smaller pot of water to the boil. Add the broad beans and cook for 1–2 minutes. Remove using a slotted spoon and refresh under cold water. When the broad beans are cool enough to handle, gently squeeze them out of their leathery skins.
- Add the peas to the same pot of water the beans were cooked in. Cook for 2–3 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Make sure the noodles are dry, then place into a bowl. Add the peas, broad beans, half the sesame seeds and half the spring onion.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl until fully combined.
- Drizzle the noodles with the dressing, coating everything. Top with the remaining sesame seeds and spring onion and serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply