Veggie Stuffed Peppers with Avocado Cream
- 6 each Bell peppers
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 1 each Chayote Squash, cut in Half
- !/4 head Green Cabbage, sliced
- 2 each Green Onion, sliced
- ½ each Jalapeno, sliced
- 1 each Tomato, chopped
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 2 T Canola oil
- 2 each Avocados
- 1 cup Sour Cream or crema
- For Sauce, chop avocado and sour cream and whisk together until smooth. Set aside until finished with peppers.
- Slice tops off peppers and remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grate Chayote squash on a grater
- In mixing bowl, mix together, rice, cabbage, green onion, grated chayote squash, tomato, and jalapeno.
- Stuff Mixture into peppers
- Heat sauté pan over medium heat and add 2 tbsp of canola oil
- Add peppers and roast lightly on each side until just a little browned
- Place peppers on sheet tray and top with a small amount of the mozzarella
- Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes until peppers are starting to become soft and cheese is melted and browned
- Being very careful as tray will be very hot. Use a spatula to carefully lift onto plate and top with Avocado cream