Fat: 3 grams (Saturated Fat: 0 grams)
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Protein: 4 grams
Allergens: Gluten, wheat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 28 oz crushed tomato
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup green lentil, rinsed
- 8 oz lasagna noodle, uncooked
- 3 cups spinach
- Fresh basil, for serving
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, until semi-translucent.
- Add the garlic, tomato paste, basil, and oregano, and cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until the onions are translucent and herbs are fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, and lentils, and bring to a boil. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for 10 minutes or until lentils are halfway tender.
- Break apart the lasagna noodles into about 2-inch-long (5-cm) pieces and add to the pot. Let the soup cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente and the lentils are tender.
- Stir in the spinach and let wilt, then serve immediately.