Fat: 11 grams
Carbohydrates: 44 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Protein: 7 grams
- 1 white onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 white potatoes
- 1 small cooking pumpkin (1kg or ~0.5lb.)
- Pinch sea salt
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Pinch sea salt and pepper to taste
- Dice onions and garlic, then add to a large pot with the coconut oil. Bring this to medium heat, stirring often, cook until onion turns translucent (about 10 minutes).
- Cut pumpkin in half and scoop out seeds. Chop pumpkin and potatoes into small cubes. Add veg to pot with generous pinch of salt. Pour in vegetable stock and bring to low simmer. Then add curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, sea salt, and pepper. Simmer soup on low heat for 30 minutes, or until veg are very soft.
- Puree soup using hand blender, or blend in a standing mixer until smooth. Optional to add splashed more stock for desired consistency.
- Stir in coconut cream, and add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Optional – top with sesame seeds, or toasted chickpeas for crunch.